Areas of Expertise
- Endoscopy (Colonoscopy & Gastroscopy)
- Diagnostic and Interventional Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (large polyps)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Coeliac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Dr Pran Yoganathan is a gastroenterologist and gastrointestinal endoscopist. He graduated in medicine from the University of Otago in New Zealand and trained in internal medicine at Westmead Public Hospital. He completed advanced training in gastroenterology at major teaching hospitals in Sydney.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) and a member of the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA). He is recognized by the Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, colonoscopy, and video capsule endoscopy.
At Macarthur Gastro Dr Yoganathan’s focus is on quality colonoscopy by optimizing bowel preparation, withdrawal time, and the use of high definition endoscopes to maximize adenoma or polyp detection. Dr. Yoganathan is an advocate for the early detection of bowel cancers through screening well before they become symptomatic, thus saving lives.
Dr.Yoganathan takes a multidisciplinary approach to gastroenterological problems, particularly in patients with GI malignancy. All privately performed procedures, including anaesthetic and pathology fees are strictly “no gap”.
Dr Yoganathan offers ‘quality colonoscopy’ with a focus on optimising bowel preparation, withdrawal time and the use of high-definition endoscopes to maximise adenoma or polyp detection. As a strong advocate for bowel cancer screening, Dr Yoganathan has particular interest in the early detection of bowel cancers, well before they become symptomatic; thus saving lives.
Prompt Consultation and Procedures
Dr Yoganathan is committed to delivering ethical and compassionate care for patients in the Macarthur area. A key focus of the practice is to provide patients with access to “prompt consultation”. Additionally, with both public and private hospital appointments, Dr Yoganathan will ensure you receive rapid access to theatre lists for procedures if required.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) (Otago)
- Norwest Private Hospital
- Campbelltown Private Hospital
- Camden Surgical Hospital (soon to be established)
- Blacktown Public Hospital (Public)
- Mount Druitt Public Hospital (Public)
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (CCRTGE) in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Strict No Gap Policy: all privately insured patients are covered by a ‘strict no gap’ policy for the procedure, anaesthetist and any pathology.